160 (240 when upgraded)
Not to be confused with Kobra
- What you're usually dodging when the cops show up.
- — Weapon description
The KA-1 Kobra, a modified version of the NR4 from Saints Row 2, is the standard-issue sidearm of Steelport's police. It is also used by SWAT, SNG, and STAG units as a back-up weapon. The KA-1 Kobra is generally used by any organised police or military force, as well as security guards. It is more powerful, more accurate, and significantly more upgradeable than the standard sidearm of Stilwater's police force, the NR4. It has a built-in combat light by default.
The KA-1 Kobra, in comparison to the 45 Shepherd, is a smaller, lighter, and easier-to-use pistol. Though it is less powerful and somewhat less-accurate (at least at first) than its high-caliber counterpart, the KA-1 holds roughly twice as much ammunition, and fires substantially faster, even after the Shepherd has been upgraded. The difference is especially notable when dual-wielding, since with a steady trigger finger, the KA-1 can squeeze off considerable punishment in short order.
Upgrades expand the Kobra's capabilities considerably. The first upgrade adds a magazine expansion, but the second and third provide a notable increase in firepower and control, better aiming when blind-fired, and perhaps most notably, armor-piercing ammunition. Like the similar upgrade for the D4TH Blossom, this upgrade allows the Kobra's shots to puncture light vehicle armor to hit enemies through car doors, and the rounds can likewise punch right through a Riot Shield. When fully-upgraded, the Kobra is extremely accurate and has very little recoil, which renders it an often-overlooked powerhouse in trained hands.
- Larger magazine size than the .45 Shepherd
- Better accuracy than the Shepherd when fully-upgraded
- No risk of self-damage/collateral damage, unlike the upgraded Shepherd
- Combat Flashlight
- Very fast fire rate, especially when dual-wielded
- Armor piercing ammunition makes it handy when dealing with shielded enemies
- Low damage at first
- No area-effect damage or knockback, unlike the Shepherd
- Consumes ammo faster
- Less-accurate than the Shepherd without upgrades
- Main article: Weapon Upgrades.
- The KA-1 Kobra resembles a Walther P99, with some Glock influence as well.
- Upgrading the KA-1 Kobra at Friendly Fire allows the upgraded version to be used in Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax.
- If any vehicle with a civilian driving it is entered, sometimes a special animation is played, where The Protagonist shoots a pistol in the driver's head and gets in the vehicle afterwards.
- The KA-1 Kobra appears in PAX Demo for Saints Row IV inside Friendly Fire.
- The flashlight does not work during the daytime outside of interiors.
Check the Weapon to-do list for ways to improve Weapon articles.