This goal of this activity is to chase down before time runs out, damage the car and hijack certain cars from their owners while they are driving around Stilwater.
Distinct from the Chop Shop car collection activity which requires any car of that type, in Hijacking the specific car required is marked on the map. The activity is timed, and often involves crossing the entire city in order to find the car. Once the driver gets out, the timer disappears.
Once stolen, the car must be delivered back to the hijacking garage.
The Hijacking activity has levels, rather than a list of cars, and must be completed in order, but as with other activities, the levels can be replayed after completing the activity.
There are a number of rare cars that can be obtained during the Hijacking activity, such as the La Fuerza, Interest, Quasar, Ricochet, Bulldog and the Titan. A vehicle is provided for each instance of the activity. Each can be kept by exiting the activity.
- Zimos - Los Carnales, (Wardill Airport, Airport District)
- Zircon - Vice Kings, (Tidal Spring, Suburbs District)
- Shogun - Westside Rollerz, (Copperton, Truck Yard District)
- Phil: "I'm Phil."Phil shakes Playa's hand, but after noticing how greasy it is, Playa wipes it on Phil's shirt.Phil: "Jesus, if you're scared of gettin' a little dirty you're in the wrong line of work buddy. I hope you're not that big of a pussy when it comes to jacking shipments. Look, I only work with professionals, if you say you got skills, I'll set you up with a target. But if you're some punk who just likes to drive mommy's car fast, you can stay home."
- — Phil, in the Grease Monkey cutscene.
- Sam stands still, looking at the building as Playa approaches him.Sam: "It ain't much now playa, but I promise you, this place is gonna make me rich."Sam turns to PlayaSam: "Ever since I was kid I wanted to handle a rig, but when I tried to get a job truckin' they told me they don't hire kids from the ghetto. Well fuck 'em, I'm gonna start my own company and the first thing I'm gonna do is put those bitches out of business. All I'd need you to do is make sure a couple shipments get jacked. Whatchu think? Wanna be my first employee?"
- Ralph stands in his warehouse with his hands on his hips.Ralph: "Let's cut to the chase. Names Ralph. My shipping company is fucked and I need help. I've got a list of shipments from our competitors...you go and rob those mother fuckers blind, ya hear me? You keep whatever money you make, I just want those bastards to be hurtin'. You in?"
- — Ralph, in the Short and Sweet cutscene.
|Level||Westside Rollerz||Vice Kings||Los Carnales|
|1||Mockingbird (WR)||Capshaw (VK)||La Fuerza (LC)|
|2||Zimos (WR)||Stiletto (VK)||Vegas (LC)|
|3||Taxi||Compton (VK convertible)||Betsy (LC)|
|4||Ricochet (WR)||Reaper||Hollywood (LC)|
Saints Row 2Edit
While Hijacking was cut from Saints Row 2, it can be found half-complete in the game data files. Details are vague, however. The only information we have on it is dialogue files found in the game, and the lines from the strings file.
- White Sorority Girl: "Hiya!"
- Protagonist: "What the fuck is going on?"
- White Sorority Girl: "Hello...we're having a meeting."
- Protagonist: "I don't have meetings with people who can't get into an R rated movies."
- White Sorority Girl: "Ok, no need to be rude, just hear me out."
- Protagonist: "Get to the point."
- White Sorority Girl: "OK, like, my birthday is totally coming up, and I want cars."
- Protagonist: "So ask your daddy for one."
- White Sorority Girl: "I don't think you're getting me...I don't want a car. I want cars. Plural. And you're going to get them for me."
- Protagonist: "Right, 'cause you're almost my niece...fuck off."
- White Sorority Girl: "No one talks to me that way."
- Protagonist: "Evidently you're wrong."
- White Sorority Girl: "OK, this isn't going well."
- Protagonist: "You're a smart kid."
- White Sorority Girl: "Let's start over. I have my daddy's black card."
- Protagonist: "How many cars you said you wanted?"
- Phil: "I heard you got yourself blown up."
- Protagonist: "I did."
- Phil: "Well you're pretty spry for a corpse."
- Protagonist: "Be fair, I'm just a burn victim."
- Phil: "Whatchu need?"
- Protagonist: "You still need people to jack cars for you?"
- Phil: "Hell yeah. With the Rollerz out of commission I was able to move in on their overseas deals...I'm always lookin' for cars to move."
- Protagonist: "So I got the job?"
- Phil: "For you I'll even skip the background check."
- In Saints Row IV, Vehicle Theft is somewhat more similar to Hijacking than Chop Shop, as it requires going to a certain area to steal specific vehicles rather than being able to get the vehicles from anywhere.