- The handgun of choice for any Saint.
- — Weapon Description
There are 4 costumes for the Heavy Pistol in the base game: .45 Fletcher, Cumia Magnum, DEK-RD Railpistol and The Captain. An additional costume, the Flintlock, is available in the Pirate's Booty Pack DLC.
Clip Size, Damage, Rate of Fire and Recoil can all be upgraded 5 levels each, with a separate Explosive Ammo "ultimate upgrade".
In comparison to the Quickshot Pistol, the Heavy Pistol exchanges rate of fire, magazine capacity and reload speed for greatly increased damage, regardless of the Quickshot Pistol's Damage upgrade, which gives the Heavy Pistol the advantage in terms of ammo conservation. The Alien Pistol performs similarly to the Heavy Pistol terms of performance but the Heavy Pistol has the advantages/disadvantages of using magazines.
Though descended from Saints Row The Third's 45 Shepherd, the Heavy Pistol has a slower default rate of fire and does literally 2/3rds the damage. The Explosive Ammo upgrade also has a less intense ragdoll force compared to the original, making it more difficult to "juggle" enemies. Despite this, at full upgrade the Heavy Pistol does more damage per shot than a fully upgraded Shepherd.
Saints recruited off the street are equipped with a Heavy Pistol by default. After purcashing the "Gang - Weapons - SMGs", "Gang - Weapons - Shotguns", or "Gang - Weapons - Rifle" Upgrades, they no longer use Heavy Pistol.
Some Civilians use the Heavy Pistol if taunted.
- Explosive rounds upgrade can stun targets, send them flying and can possibly hit multiple targets if tightly packed
- Consumes ammo at a slower rate than the Quickshot Pistol
- Dual-wield upgrades makes these pistols versatile
- More powerful than the Quickshot Pistol
- Heavy recoil without Recoil upgrades
- Slow firing without Rate of Fire upgrades
- Smaller Clip Size than the Quickshot Pistol
- The .45 Fletcher was first revealed in the PAX gameplay demo.
- The Heavy Pistol is used by Playa in many cutscenes in Saints Row IV.
- The .45 Fletcher is based on the GDHC .50 and 45 Shepherd, which are based on the Magnum Research Desert Eagle.
- The .45 Fletcher also has a Picatinny rail along the barrel, a feature of current production Mark XIX Desert Eagles and barrels.
- The Desert Eagle, in other words, is the only weapon that truly appeared all throughout the series in some way, appearing as the GDHC .50 in the first two games, as the basis for the .45 Shepherd in Saints Row: The Third and the .45 Fletcher in Saints Row IV and Gat out of Hell.
- The Captain is based on the pistol used by Captain Malcolm Reynolds in Firefly, and the quotes are references to the series.
- The DEK-RD Railpistol is based on the gun used by Rick Deckard in Blade Runner, and the name and quotes are references to the film.
- The Cumia Magnum is based on the Chiappa Rhino 60DS. The gun is named after radio host Anthony Cumia from the Opie and Anthony show. Mr.Cumia is known on the show for his love of guns and large collection of them.
- The "45" in the .45 Fletcher's name means it fires .45 caliber ammunition.