- Your Health Bar is located in the upper right corner of the screen. If the Bar totally depletes, you are "smoked" and respawn at the nearest Hospital.
- Your Health refills in one of two ways:
- Time: Your Health slowly regenerates over time as long as you do not sustain any additional damage.
- Food: You can purchase Fast Food at various restaurants. Each time you eat food, your Health increases. You can carry a maximum of four pieces of food in your Inventory.
It is possible to unlock Rewards which increase your Health Regeneration.
Saints Row 2
In Saints Row 2, you can unlock Health Regeneration speed increases through the the Snatch activity in the Chinatown District. Double Health Regeneration is awarded for completing 3 levels, and triple Health Regeneration is awarded for completing all 6.
You can also reduce the amount of damage taken, through these other activities
- Reduced Bullet Damage (5%) - Heli Assault Level 3, Barrio
- Reduced Bullet Damage (15%) - Heli Assault Level 6, Barrio
- Reduced Explosion Damage (5%) - Trail Blazing Level 3, Downtown
- Reduced Explosion Damage (15%) - Trail Blazing Level 6, Downtown
- Reduced Vehicle Damage (5%) - Insurance Fraud Level 3 Museum
- Reduced Vehicle Damage (15%) - Insurance Fraud Level 6 Museum