The Health refills in one of two ways:
- Time: The Health slowly regenerates over time as long as additional damage is not taken. In Saints Row IV, Health doesn't regenerate above level 2 Notoriety.
- Food (Saints Row and Saints Row 2 only): Eating Food restores Health. A maximum of four pieces of food can be carried.
- Health pickups (Saints Row IV only): Collecting Health pickups dropped from enemies and civilians (if "Pedestrian Carnage" Upgrade is purchased) restores The Protagonist's Health. There are also Upgrades to increase Health value and range at which Health pickups are sucked towards The Protagonist.
Saints Row IV
Health system is more different than in first three games. The Health bar color is now blue. Apart from this, Health doesn't regenerate if The Protagonist has 2 bars of Notoriety or more, and Health is be regenerated only through the health pickups, dropped from the enemies and civilians (if "Pedestrian Carnage" upgrade is purchased).
There are two types of health pickups:
- Small (regenerates less Health) - dropped from enemies and Civilians
- Large (regenerates more Health) - dropped from destroyed vehicles (with a driver inside)
There are unlockable rewards and Upgrades which increase Health Regeneration.
Saints Row 2
In Saints Row 2, Health Regeneration speed increases are unlocked through the Snatch activity in the Chinatown District. Double Health Regeneration is awarded for completing 3 levels, and triple Health Regeneration is awarded for completing all 6.
Damage Reduction is unlockable through other activities
|Health Regeneration x2||Snatch Chinatown level 3|
|Health Regeneration x3||Snatch Chinatown level 6|
|Damage from Bullets reduced 5%||Heli Assault Barrio level 3|
|Damage from Bullet reduced 15%||Heli Assault Barrio level 6|
|Damage from Explosion reduced 5%||Trail Blazing Downtown level 3|
|Damage from Explosion reduced 15%||Trail Blazing Downtown level 6|
|Damage from Vehicles reduced 5%||Insurance Fraud Museum level 3|
|Damage from Vehicles reduced 15%||Insurance Fraud Museum level 6|
|Damage from Falling reduced 100%||3 Gold Diversion stars in Base Jumping|
Saints Row: The Third
|Regen||3||$4,500||Health regenerates slightly faster.|
|Regen 2||9||$18,000||Health regenerates faster.|
|Regen 3||18||$32,500||Health regenerates much faster.|
|Regen 4||29||$42,500||Health regenerates extremely fast.|
|Upgrade||6||$5,500||Player health is increased by 25%.|
|Upgrade 2||14||$12,500||Player health is increased by 50%.|
|Upgrade 3||24||$18,500||Player health is increased by 75%.|
|Upgrade 4||36||$22,750||Player health is increased by 100%.|
Saints Row IV
|Pedestrian Carnage||2||Pedestrians now drop health pickups when they die.|
|Pickups Value||2||Slightly increase the value of all health pickups.|
|Pickups Value 2||16||Moderately increase the value of all health pickups.|
|Pickups Value 3||30||Greatly increase the value of all health pickups.|
|Upgrade||2||Player health is increased by 25%|
|Upgrade 2||14||Player health is increased by 50%|
|Upgrade 3||24||Player health is increased by 75%|
|Upgrade 4||36||Player health is increased by 100%|
|Vacuum||8||Slightly increase the range at which health pickups will be sucked toward you.|
|Vacuum 2||18||Moderately increase the range at which health pickups will be sucked toward you.|
|Vacuum 3||32||Greatly increases the range at which health pickups will be sucked toward you.|
- The Cheat for full health in Saints Row is #777468 (#sprint).
- The Cheat for full health in Saints Row 2 is #1.