|Saints Row: The Third|
|Also known as||
Professor Genki's Super Ballistic Manapult
DLC purchase SRTT
single (man cannon)
- This little beauty is Professor Genki's Super Ballistic Manapult, capable of vacuuming up pesky pedestrians and firing them as human cannonballs across the city.
- — Drew Holmes
The vehicle is a white Betsy, with Professor Genki's large grinning face attached to the front, and a mounted cannon on its back. Adorned to the side of the vehicle is the same grinning face, this time appearing simply as a logo, with the words "SUCK IT UP" written on the side door. It is a very fragile vehicle and it takes little damage to destroy it.
This vehicle was only available to those who pre-ordered Saints Row: The Third, as part of Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack. This DLC was later released as a standalone DLC named Funtime! Pack.
The Super Ballistic Manapult also appears in Genkibowl VII during the Sad Panda Skyblazing Activity where it is used to blast the player back into the sky after they clear all the mascots off of the rooftop. In this incarnation the Manapult resembles more of a carriage rather than a truck.
This vehicle possesses a unique weapon called the Genki Cannon, which can suck up and fire any pedestrian, but not corpses. It can hold a maximum of six people. These can be used as projectiles, however they do almost no damage and are difficult to aim.
Playa can be sucked up, and the player can aim and fire the cannon, which can be useful for accessing rooftops, where collectibles may be found. When Playa is inside the cannon, pressing the Action button exits the vehicle.
Similar to the Gat Mobile horn, the horn on this vehicle may play a quote, from Professor Genki:
- "Fire it up!"
- "Murder Time Fun Time!"
- "Ethical climax!"
The Genki Manapult has a total of 9 Vehicle Customization options. It does not have Nitrous, Kneecappers or Industrial Rims available. The available Wheel Sizes are 19-24 and the available Wheel Widths are 14-15.
- 1 Weapon 1s
- 1 Decal 1s
- 1 Decal 2s
- 1 Decal 3s
- 1 Decal 4s
- 1 Decal 5s
- 1 Grime 1s
- 1 Grime 2s
- 1 Grime 3s
- Body Color (3 sections)
- Rim Color
- Window Tint
- Interior Color
- Trim Color (2 sections)
- There is no Cheat for this vehicle.
- PC Gamer's preview of Saints Row: The Third referred to the vehicle as both a "manipult"[sic] and "Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax cat-faced pick-up truck".
- The word "manapult" is a portmanteau of "man" and "catapult"; referring to its ability to fire people into the air.
- Volition, Inc's real life Super Ballistic Manapult was on display at San Diego Comic-Con International 2011.
- The default Radio Station is 102.4 Klassic FM and always play Sousa-The Stars and Stripes Forever. It even plays it if the station is disabled.
- This is probably the only non-gang vehicle that has a default radio station in the series.
- The rim cover of the vehicle reads "Genki Mobile", despite there being another vehicle of that name.
- The Genki Manapult resembles the black semi in the movie "Maximum Overdrive", based on a short story by Stephen King.
- When Playa is inside the cannon, anyone walking past the vehicle may also be sucked in, but Playa is fired first.
- If there is a Homie present after Playa is fired from the cannon, they get in and drive to Playa.
- Despite their sheer size, the Genki Manapult is capable of sucking up all Brutes, including homies, and shooting them just as high as regular pedestrians.
- The cannon can be used to fire Playa inside otherwise inaccessible structures, such as cargo containers or through the closed doors of the Syndicate Tower.
- In Saints Row IV, the horn is set to default, so the Genki quotes are removed.
- In Saints Row IV, the vehicle sucks up people, including Playa, but does not fire them. Xbox Title Update 3 fixes this, and also adds a new firing sound effect.
- If another vehicle is retrieved whilst the Manapult is out, it disappears but the air effect at the front of the vehicle remains hovering in mid air, in the same way that helicopter air effects have remained since Saints Row 2.
- When CID is fired out of the Manapult, the star effect is permanently attached to him, due to the fact that he never lands. Because the star effect is programmed to trail behind the character being fired, it always points towards Playa, making it appear as though CID is "firing" stars at Playa.
- After sucking up a Command C.I.D., it can be killed while it is inside the cannon.
- If an enemy C.I.D. is sucked up while Playa is not driving, the C.I.D. causes the vehicle to fly.
- The Genki Manapult flown by C.I.D. can bypass sky limit.
- If Playa is fired into the ocean, he continues to fly across the water until reaching the edge of the map, or falling under the map.
- Sucking up a character under Mind Control from the Mollusk Launcher, or firing Mind Control Blast at a character inside the cannon causes them to become Homies.
- In Saints Row: The Third Remastered, the Genki Manapult is a shell and is missing the doors and cannon.