- Compete in brutal fighting matches for cash and Respect. Pick up and eat food to recover Health.
- — Fight Club introduction
Saints Row 2Edit
Focusing entirely on melee combat, the Fight Club Activity puts the player up in a confined ring, against increasing numbers of opponents, as well as increasing the toughness of each opponent. Once all enemy combatants have been eliminated, the player progresses to the next round.
As each round progresses, food items are thrown into the ring for each opponent defeated, as well as Improvised Weapons such as chairs, cinder blocks and tires. These will break after several uses, and can also be used by opponents.
Fight Club is a showcase for the new 'Finishing Move' system, where the player must perform a 'Quick Time Event'-based take down on an enemy when their health drops below a certain level. The lower the opponents health, the easier it is to perform the finish them. This 'Finishing Move' system is also used in Zombie Uprising.
There are two fight club locations with 6 levels at each location.
- Contact: Mikey
- Mikey: "Goddamn it!"
Playa: "What's up?"
Mikey: "The doctors won't let me do MMA 'cause I got a broken hand and I tore my ACL."
Playa: "I think your doctor had the right idea."
Mikey: "Horse pussy, man! I could break any of those assholes that are fightin' if I was cleared..."
Playa: "The fight's going on now?"
Playa: "Shit, I might as well take your spot..."
Mikey: "Hey you can't do that..."
Playa: "Yeah? Why don't you run and catch up?"
Mikey: "Hey, fuck you asshole!"
- — "Arena District Fight Club" Cutscene
- Contact: Officer Taylor
- Officer Taylor: "Welcome to prison..."
Playa: "Don't get too excited, I'm not plannin' on stayin' long."
Officer Taylor: "Well, we'll see what Troy has to say about that...but ya know, jail ain't all bad."
Playa: "Yeah, I'll take your word for it."
Officer Taylor: "I'm serious, you get fresh air, 3 squares, no rent..."
Playa: "A high chance of getting shanked..."
Officer Taylor: "Now you're just bein' a pussy...listen, we got better ways of letting the inmates vent some frustration."
Playa: "Conjugals with the warden's daughter?"
Officer Taylor: "Ya know, that ain't half bad...but naw, we got ourselves a little fight club."
Playa: "And the guards make bets on the side, right..."
Officer Taylor: "That's right...and ya know, with you fightin' and me fronting the cash, I bet we could make some good money..."
Playa: "How tough's the competition?"
Officer Taylor: "Nothin' you can't handle..."
- — "Stilwater Penitentiary Fight Club" Cutscene
Saints Row IVEdit
Fight Club in Saints Row IV is quite different than in Saints Row 2.
It is named Fight Club on the map and completion screens, and referred to as "Super Power Fight Club" by the announcer and in an objective.
Combat is the same as in the rest of Saints Row IV except that it is made up of rounds. The first round consists of killing every enemy. This is followed by "King of the Hill" point defense and minibosses, such as the Genki Girls. The final round entails fighting a superpowered boss. Depending on the difficulty of the Fight Club instance, players may fight Nyte Blayde, Julius, or Jyunichi. The medal awarded for Fight Club is dependent on the time taken to complete the instance.
Saints Row 2Edit
- Both: Don't Talk About It achievement.
- Level 3: Pumped up (15% Increased Melee Damage)
- Level 6: Pumped up (30% Increased Melee Damage)
Saints Row IVEdit
- Achieve Silver Medals in all 3: The Genki Girls can be called for support.
- Achieve Gold Medals in all 3: Acquire the Passive Agressive Buff Power
- The Don't Talk About It achievement is a reference to the famous line from the movie Fight Club, in which Tyler Durden says "The first rule of fight club is 'you do not talk about fight club'"
- Sometimes, some of the fighters will reference lines in Fight Club. One such fighter says, "It is only when you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything."
- It is one of the few activities when the player is killed that does not register on the statistics
- It is not possible to take a Human Shield during this activity, but it's possible to throw an opponent, if he has less than 50% of health.
- While the activity does not appear in Saints Row: The Third, its logo is used for the Gang Operation diversion.
- In Saints Row IV, Flashpoints use the Saints Row 2 Fight Club icon, while Fight Club uses a lightning bolt icon.
- According to the files in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell there was going to be an activity named Carnage Fight Club.[which file?]