Energy Sword is a weapon in Saints Row IV.
- A single slice deconstructs most opponents.
- — Weapon Description
The Energy Sword deals very high damage per hit, on par with fully-upgraded Baseball Bat and Tentacle Bat , and desintegrates killed enemies as well as objects and car parts. Once upgraded with side quests, killed enemies drop larger amounts of health, making it a good melee weapon to go berserk and decimate enemies at close range (while bats, who have a greater knockback effect, are better to keep strong enemies away while overkilling weaker ones anyway). The Laser Razor is the only costume for the Energy Sword in the base game. An additional costume, the Braver Sword, is available in the Anime Pack DLC.
There are no purchasable upgrades for the Energy Sword.
The "Energy Sword Health" upgrade is unlocked for completing the "Saintfinger" Side Quest from Asha, this upgrade increases the amount of health dropped by enemies killed with this weapon.
|Braver Sword DLC||Skin|
- The Energy Sword and color options are references to the Star Wars Saga, in which the iconic Lightsabers are used by both the Jedi Knights and the Sith Lords.
- The blue-coloured 'Cool Blade' skin and the description "The hero's choice" are references to the blue lightsabers used mostly by good characters is the series, such as Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- The red-coloured 'Hot Blade' skin and the description "Zinyak's favorite color" are references to the red lightsabers used mostly by antagonistic characters in the series, such as Darth Vader.
- The Green Blade skin and the description "Because, you know, we already did red and blue" reference the third colour of lightsaber used in the original trilogy, used by Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi.
- As purple is the signature color of the Saints, the Default skin may not be intended as direct reference to Star Wars, although a purple Lightsaber is used by the character Mace Windu.
- The Energy Sword was first revealed in the Gamespot gameplay video.
- The Brady strategy guide does not list the Green Blade skin.
- Nyte Blayde and Ronin use the Energy Sword in place of their signature Samurai Sword and Nocturne.
- The 'Braver Sword' skin, along with the matching Shonen costume, are both references to Final Fantasy VII's protagonist, Cloud Strife, while the description of this skin refers to the fact that such sword is absurdly large as it would have a weight of roughly 100 kg.
- The 'Cool Blade' skin bears a resemblance to Gideon's Pixel Katana from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
Check the Weapon to-do list for ways to improve Weapon articles.