It is not possible to punch or kick while wielding the Detonator, but it is still possible to grab Human Shields. It is also possible to switch to the Detonator while holding a Human Shields, which is not usually possible with melee weapons. When performing an execution, the standard bare-handed kill is used.
The Detonator can be kept either on the first playthrough or by using a Mission Replay Exit Glitch.
- Play the mission until Donnie rigs a truck and the Detonator appears.
- Go to any Friendly Fire and open the store menu.
- Switch to the Weapons Cache.
- Switch to a different melee weapon, then close the menu.
- Open the store menu again, and chose the Detonator.
- Finish the level normally.
During a replay, it is not possible to switch back to the Detonator after switching weapons, but it will be present in the Weapons Cache after glitching out of the mission.
Although Donnie does not have a revival timer during the mission, the Menu method can still be used, although the Replay in a Replay method is easier.
Check the Weapon to-do list for ways to improve Weapon articles.