In Saints Row, Co-op is limited to only a handful of missions that are specifically created for Co-op play.
Saints Row 2 onwards can be played entirely in Co-op, including free roam and all missions and activities, which have differences to accommodate the second player.
All games have achievements that can only obtained by playing Co-op. Some of the achievements require doing all the missions or activities with a Co-op partner. In those cases, it is usually easier to start a new game to ensure both players are at the same completion level.
If the Co-op partner uses cheats, both players save files are marked as cheating.
Saints Row has no Co-op Diversions.
Cat & Mouse places both players in pre-determined vehicles and one of them attempts to catch the other. In Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third, this diversion is activated by one player killing the other. In Saints Row IV, this diversion is activated from an Activity marker.
Death Tag is available in Saints Row 2 and Saints Row IV. In the former it is activated by one player killing the other, while in the latter it is activated from an Activity marker.
There are three Co-op missions: Turbulence, Mob Rule, and the DLC mission Heist, added by the The Gankster Pack DLC.
- Bulletproof 10 - Complete Co-op level Turbulence at the highest difficulty level.
- Errand Boy 10 - Complete Co-op level Mob Rule at the highest difficulty level.
Saints Row 2
Unlike Saints Row, the entire game can be played in Co-op mode, and some missions and activities have minor differences from the single player versions.
Some missions played in Co-op contain differences to accommodate the Co-op partner.
- Appointed Defender
- In addition to Johnny Gat, Legal Lee also becomes a Homie, and must also escape in order for the mission to succeed.
- Visiting Hours
- The host must wheel Johnny Gat out of the hospital and protect him from the Ronin while the guest must get to the rooftop and obtain the Horizon before flying it down to the parking lot for the host to load Gat aboard.
Some activities played in Co-op contain differences to accommodate the Co-op partner.
- The guest acts as the hooker, and must use the right control stick to touch the sensitive spot, then use the left stick to hit up, down, right, left in the correct order to gain pleasure.
- This is the same, but the cameraman and the police officers only follow the host, often leaving the guest to find their own car.
- Septic Avenger
- The player who activates the activity is in charge of the stop start of the truck and uses the rear sprayer while the other controls the front sprayer.
- Hos can be collected separately, reducing the time it takes.
- Drug Trafficking
- The host drives the car to the locations while the guest rides shotgun.
- Trail Blazing
- The guest is given infinite Molotovs in order to score more time. As long as the host has a good grasp of control of the Toad, this one is a walkover.
The Ultor Exposed DLC includes a metagame to compete to achieve the higher score when playing missions.
Achievements that can be gained by playing Co-op in the story and activities.
|Duelist||25||Complete all Ronin missions in co-op.|
|Partners in Crime||100||Complete all campaign missions in co-op.|
|Pot Luck||25||Complete all Samedi missions in co-op.|
|Separated at Birth||25||Complete all Brotherhood missions in co-op.|
|Confidence Men||25||Complete all levels of all activities in co-op.
There are 23 activities that must be completed in co-op in order to achieve this. Completing half the activity in single player, then finishing it in Co-op does not count.
|True Pal||10||Defeat your partner in a co-op diversion.|
Saints Row: The Third
Co-op is a form of Multiplayer in Saints Row: The Third.
Both Online and Offline Co-op is not possible without the Online Pass.
- Like Saints Row 2, the guest acts as the hooker and fill the pleasure meter with joystick motions. In Tiger Escort, the guest instead attempts to keep the tiger calm.
Saints Row IV
Co-op is a form of Multiplayer in Saints Row IV.
In the base game, both Online and Offline Co-op is not possible without the Online Pass.
Saints Row IV: National Treasure edition allows System Link Co-op without an Online Pass.
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Co-op is a form of Multiplayer in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell.
- Note: Verified. See the Online Pass Talk page