While there are many different ways of getting Smoked, there is only one way to get Busted.
The cost of bail after being Busted is 10% of the current amount of Cash.
After being Busted, Playa respawns at the closest of 3 police stations:
Saints Row 2Edit
Getting busted in Saints Row 2 is less common, as it is only possible when Playa is at or below 30% health. The cost of bail is $500.
After being Busted, Playa may be taken to:
- North Island: Adept Way - Courthouse
- South Island: Athos Bay - Police Headquarters
- Stilwater Prison: Stilwater Penitentiary - Side doors of the Stilwater Penitentiary.
- Nuclear Power Plant: Stilwater Penitentiary - Cutscene infirmary in Stilwater Penitentiary
- After being Busted at the Nuclear Power Plant, Playa respawns in the Prison Infirmary interior which is used for initial character customization after the Vacation's Over cutscene. This interior is located beneath the prison itself, and while the floor is solid, the walls are not. There are a few visual differences, most notably the west corner of the room is missing the television and a piece of rail from the wall.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
In the closing scene of "When Good Heists Go Bad", Playa is arrested by the Stilwater Police Department SWAT team, and in the beginning cutscene of "I'm Free - Free Falling", the leaders of the Saints are put in jail, but it is otherwise not possible to get Busted in the game.
- In Saints Row 2, the screen turns grey, as opposed to the screen turning red when getting Smoked.
- If another Police Officer uses Pepper Spray on Playa while being handcuffed, Playa stands up and coughs, but is still arrested.
- Playa can sometimes appear in the Downtown Courthouse after a successful activity or mission in Saints Row 2 as if busted without it being registered in the statistics and missing $500, although it registers in hospital bills paid.[details?]