|Burning Down the House|
Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- SHIVINGTON IN FLAMES!
- — Ultor Times newspaper headline
Playa meets Shaundi at a local frat-party and receives a tip from another of Shaundi's ex-boyfriends, Blake, who saw a number of the Sons of Samedi wheeling chemicals in and out of some buildings, concluding that they are drug labs. Playa decides to go and blow up the drug labs while Shaundi stays behind to get high.
Although Playa is successful, their actions inadvertently lead to a massive fire that spreads across Shivington. The General and Mr. Sunshine watch the chaos from a nearby rooftop. The General worries that with the razing of their farm and now these drug labs, he cannot afford to have anything go wrong with the next shipment. With all the trouble they have caused, Mr. Sunshine suggests that it's time to speak with the 3rd Street Saints' leader.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
This mission involves going to four individual locations to destroy the Loa Dust drug labs there. Every time a location is cleared, the Sons of Samedi Notoriety increases, making it tougher to get to the next location.
- Head to the first location.
- Destroy the dust labs
The first location is a small building which takes seconds to clear.
- Head to the second location
- Destroy the dust labs
The second location is a much larger building with two floors; the drug lab is on the top floor, which can be reached via a staircase at the right of the building.
- Head to the third location
- Destroy the dust labs
The third location can be driven downwards.[what?]
- The door is locked, find a way to flush them out
One of the drug labs there is behind a locked door - flip the switch to open the door and flush the people inside out.
A Samedi Churchill with four gang members arrives to the third lab after it has been destroyed.
- Head to the fourth location
- Kill the lab technicians
The fourth final location involves killing a few defenseless lab techs before destroying the final drug lab.
- Get the key
- Destroy the dust labs
The final drug lab often explodes due to enemy gunfire.
- Chase down the lead technician
Exit the building at the back to witness the last lab tech try to escape in a vehicle. The game may freeze for a moment after kicking the door open.
Although there is a vehicle parked nearby to encourage a vehicle chase, it is possible to destroy the technician's car with enough firepower.
- Cash: $3,000
- Respect: None
- Neighborhood: Shivington
- Mission: Bad Trip
- Stronghold: Sunnyvale Gardens Fishing Dock
- Main article: Newscasts
- Jane Valderamma: "Chaos. It's the only word fitting to describe the results of the conflageration that's consuming Shivington. Earlier tonight a series of meth labs exploded creating a chain of events that is nothing short of catastrophic. As the neighborhood burns, emergency teams are desperately trying to treat any one they can find. As burn wards throughout the city get filled to capacity, one has to wonder. What sort of sociopath could be responsible for causing this. I'm Jane Valderamma, channel 6 news."
- The neighborhood of Shivington remains on fire for the duration of the game after completing this mission, and several Blazes can be spotted throughout the area.
- Regardless of Player Customization voice used, after destroying the final drug lab and exiting the building Playa remarks on this inadvertent destruction in a surprised or horrified way.
- Underneath the newspaper clipping for this mission, The Pyramid is mentioned through the words "CLASSIFIED ULTOR BASE".
- During the mission's opening cutscene, "House of Cards" by Shipwreck plays, which is played on 99.0 The Underground.
- When replaying the mission via Newspaper Clipboard:
- Blazes are present near the labs before they are destroyed.
- After the mission the smoke is present above Shivington but fires are not.
"Taps and Tips" cutsceneEdit
- Onlookers: "Shaun-di! Shaun-di! Shaun-di! Shaun-di!"
Playa: "What's going on..."
Shaundi: "Beer bong."
Playa: "No shit. I mean why are we at a frat party."
Shaundi: "If I can drink free, I'll meet anywhere... my ex called me and said he got some dirt for us."
Playa: "I thought I killed your ex."
Shaundi: "Different ex. Now come on..."
Blake: "'Sup Shaundi..."
Shaundi: "Hey Blake, whatchu got for me?"
Blake: "White Widow."
Shaundi: "I was talkin' 'bout the info you called me about, but pass the piece."
Shaundi: "So what's up?"
Blake: "Earlier today I went to Shivington to find party favors for tonight...while I was buyin' I noticed some Samedi wheelin' in a bunch of chemicals into a building."
Shaundi: "You sure?"
Blake: "I know a drug lab when I see one."
Playa: "I'm gonna blow up some dust labs, you wanna come?"
Shaundi: "Eh, you go have fun, I think I'll stay here..."
Playa: "Suit yourself..."
- — "Taps and Tips" cutscene
- Playa (Male Voice 1): "Whoops, somone left the air on..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Take a deep breath assholes..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Hope you guys can hold your breath..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Ya know boys, it's rude to stay in your room when there's company..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Good plan guys..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Oops."
- — Playa, after shutting off the ventilation system
- Playa (Male Voice 1): "Jesus Christ..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Oh that's not good..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "*speaks Spanish*"
Playa (Female Voice 1): "This wasn't supposed to happen..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "This is horrible..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "What have I done..."
- — Playa realizes Shivington is alight, as the final lab tech drives away.
- Playa (Male Voice 1): "Holy shit!"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Oh shit!"
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Jesus!"
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Holy fuck!"
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Good god!"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "*speaks Spanish*"
- — Playa, after destroying a lab
- Playa (Male Voice 1): "You think you can hide in there?"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "You bitches can't hide forever..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "I'll cut you fuckers outta there..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "You guys aren't too bright are you..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "You guys got nowhere to go..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "That door isn't gonna stop me..."
- — Playa, after approaching the locked lab
- Playa (Male Voice 1): "That's just fuckin' great."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "You gotta be kiddin' me..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "This can't be good..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Fuck me..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "This shit ain't funny..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Well this day's gotten a lot worse..."
- — Playa, after the lights go out
"Eye of the Beholder" cutsceneEdit
- The General: "What are you thinking my friend?"
Mr. Sunshine: "It's beautiful."
The General: "And expensive."
Mr. Sunshine: "More money will come..."
The General: "You had best be right. Between the farm and this fire, we can not afford to have anything go wrong with our next shipment."
Mr. Sunshine: "Don't worry General, the shipment will be safe..."
The General: "These Saints are proving themselves to be quite the nuisance..."
Mr. Sunshine: "Then perhaps it's time we speak to their leader..."
- — "Eye of the Beholder" cutscene