|Bank Error in Your Favor|
Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Kidnapping turns gruesome
- — Ultor Times newspaper headline
Playa is tipped off by Shaundi that Maero's girlfriend, Jessica, is going to the Stilwater Savings & Loan bank to make a deposit for the upcoming shipment. Playa quickly sees an opportunity to avenge Carlos' death and heads off to the bank to find Jessica.
Playa takes her hostage and, after dealing with the SWAT, shoves her in the trunk of her own car. Playa drives her to the University Arena where Maero is participating in a monster truck rally. Maero performs a trick in which he drives up a ramp in his Atlasbreaker and jumps over a row of cars; Maero lands on and crushes the final one, inadvertently killing Jessica, who is still locked inside the trunk. Playa appears and throws Maero the keys to her car. As Maero suddenly realizes what he has done, Playa echoes Jessica's taunt to them before Carlos died: "Do me a favor. When you check the trunk, just remember you should have offered me something better than twenty percent".
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
- Head to the bank
Follow the GPS to the bank.
- Go inside and take Jessica hostage
- Keep Jessica between you and the cops
The few Security Guards inside do not provide much trouble - they do not shoot if Jessica is between them and Playa, and they die very easily.
- The alarm has sealed the bank, use Jessica to shut off the lockdown
Escort Jessica to the alarm shutoff mechanism up the hallway to the left.
- The doors are open. Take Jessica to her car
After the alarm has been switched off, head outside and to the left, towards Jessica's Phoenix.
- Take Jessica to her car
Place Jessica in the trunk.
- Bring the car to the University Arena
- Don't destroy the car
- Cash: $3,000
- Respect: None
- Neighborhood: Ezpata
- Mission: Thank You and Goodnight!
- Stronghold: Wardill Airport Hangars
- The name of this mission is a reference to the popular board game Monopoly, in which a card reads "Bank Error in Your Favor: Collect $X."
- Shaundi is playing Hacky Sack in the opening of the mission, similar to the opening of the mission "Bonding Experience".
- Jessica's Phoenix can be kept during the mission using a glitch.
- The trunk can be removed by damaging it, and Jessica is not inside.
- If the Phoenix is damaged before putting Jessica in its truck, the car will be repaired.
- Jessica acts as a normal civilian during the mission and reacts to gunshots and explosions.
- The Ultor Dome interior is used for this mission, rather than the Culex Stadium interior used in Demolition Derby. The mission "Showdown" uses the same Ultor Dome interior and is stated to take place inside the Ultor Dome.
- The newspaper text for the mission on the Newspaper Clipboard erroneously says that Jessica was found crushed to death inside the Ultor Dome, when in fact she died inside Culex Stadium at Stilwater University.
- In Saints Row: The Third, Cyrus Temple refers to the end of this mission in the ending cutscene of "Gang Bang", where he reveals that Jessica's surname is Parish.
- The mission objective says to take Jessica "hostage", despite the fact that "Human Shield" and "Hostage" refer to different in-game concepts.
- In the censored German version of Saints Row 2, Human Shield is cut from the game, so Jessica becomes a Homie during the mission.
- Hacky Sack player: "Sorry!"
Shaundi: "No prob, I got it."
Hacky Sack player: "Watch out!"Jessica almost runs over ShaundiJessica: "Jesus Christ, are you trying to get killed?"
Shaundi: "Look I'm sorry..."
Jessica: "I don't have time for this. Sorry about that baby, I almost dented my car on a hippie chick."
Shaundi: "Hey, I'm not a hippie..."
Jessica: "Maero, I'm fine... Look, I gotta go, I'm about to make the deposit. Sweetie, let me worry about the money...we'll have enough to cover the shipment, and once that comes in the Saints won't have a chance in hell."
Hacky Sack player: "Yo, Shaundi, we gonna hack or what?"Shaundi makes a phone callShaundi: "Hey boss?"
Playa: "Shaundi, I'm watchin' Bobbie and Amber, can it wait?"
Shaundi: "Not really."
Playa: "What's up?"
Shaundi: "Maero's girlfriend just walked into the bank with a suitcase full of money."
Playa: "I'll be right over."
- — "Deposit" cutscene
- Stay away from me!
- — Jessica spots Playa
- Jessica: "There's no way outta here, just give up..."
Playa: "Alright Jessica, you're gonna turn off that alarm."
Jessica: "Yeah? How am I gonna do that?"
Playa: "Hit. The off button."
- — Playa takes Jessica to turn off the alarm.
"Proportional Response" cutsceneEdit
- Jessica: "Please, let me out of here!"
Jessica: "Please, someone help me!"Maero spots PlayaMaero: "I'm gonna kill you right here, right now..."
Playa: "No, you're not."Playa throws the keys to Jessica's car to MaeroMaero: "What's this?"
Playa: "Do me a favor: when you check the trunk, just remember you should have offered me something better than 20 percent."
Maero: "No...please no..."
- — "Proportional Response" cutscene
- ↑ Mission: Red Asphalt
- ↑ Cutscene: Deposit
- ↑ Cutscene: Proportional Response
- ↑ schnittberichte.com: Comparison of cut content