Improve this article by adding an image
|This article is poor quality and requires cleanup.|
Marked for cleanup since 2012-02-23
The Aegean is introduced in Gangstas In Space as the primary flight vehicle you pilot in the missions associated with the DLC pack. It is first acquired from the space reactor room, shortly after the defeat of Space Brutina and is used in every mission afterwards. The Aegean suffers from manuverability issues due to its massive size. It features a small roof-mounted laser gun that shoots about as quickly as the machine-gun on the Challenger tank, but its bottom-mounted laser cannon is what makes this vehicle very capable in dogfights. This cannon requires less time to reload than the rocket pods on the F-69 VTOL, allowing you to get shots off more quickly. This vehicle is unlocked in your crib helipad, along with the Scythe hoverbike upon completion of all Gangstas In Space missions.
- Two_tone (100%)
- Chrome (100%)
- Gold (100%)
- The Aegean is named after the Aegean Islands.
- Despite aesthetic changes, the Aegean controls and functions remarkably similar to the F-69 VTOL. However, unlike the F-69, it is not possible to break the wings off of the Aegean. The sound effects for switching from hover to flight mode are also noticeably different.
- Like other VTOLs, the Aegean will only be used in hovermode by the AI, making them very easy to evade.
- The Aegean can carry a third passenger who enters through a rear hatch, similar to the Condor.
- When viewed from above or below, it forms the shape of a fleur-de-lis.[screenshot?]
- The Aegean bears a striking resemblance to Space Ghost's Phantom Cruiser. Its wings and tail sweep down where as the Phantom Cruiser's wings sweep up and its tail sticks straight out.
- The Aegean, the Scythe, and the Saints Raider are all technically props/stunt vehicles designed for the Gangstas In Space film.
Check the DLC to-do list for ways to improve DLC articles.