The station primarily plays a mixture of pop punk, indie rock, and post-hardcore.
- Bear vs. Shark - "5,6 Kids"
- Cruiserweight - "To Be Quite Honest"
- Danko Jones - "Home To Hell"
- Hockey Night - "For Guys' Eyes Only"
- If I Were King - "Cauterise"
- Jet By Day - "Meet Me In The Dark"
- Kinski - "Hiding Drugs In The Temple"
- New Years Day - "Ready, Aim, Misfire"
- Orange Park - "Make up Your Mind"
- Paint It Black - "Panic"
- Shelby - "The Golden Boy"
- The Adored - "TV Riot"
- The Aquabats - "Look At Me, I'm a Winner"
- The Loved Ones - "100K"
- Young Offenders Institute - "We're the Young Offenders"
- The name of this station is a reference to the term Generation X.
- The CIMX-FM station in Windsor, Ontario brands itself as "89X".
- Despite being called Generation X, the station plays Generation Y music.
- Most Los Carnales vehicles are set to this station.
Saints Row 2Edit
The station plays a mixture of emo rock, pop rock and garage rock revival-oriented music.
Following the mission Veteran Child, Ultor purchases the station and renames it "89.0 Ultor FM". The DJ for Ultor FM is the Ultor computer. The tracklist stays the same, but callers often comment on the new DJ being strange.[reference?]
- Deftones - "Hole in the Earth"
- Galactic feat. Lyrics Born - "What You Need"
- Hot Hot Heat - "Let Me In"
- Jet" - "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is"
- The Life and Times - "Coat of Arms"
- Minus the Bear - "Knights"
- My Chemical Romance - "Teenagers"
- Panic! At The Disco - "Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off"
- Paramore - "Misery Business"
- Plain White T's - "Hate (I Really Don't Like You)"
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - "Face Down"
- The Subways - "Rock & Roll Queen"
- Taking Back Sunday - "MakeDamnSure"
- The Used - "All That I've Got"
- 89.0 Generation X and Ultor FM are defined as separate stations in the game files, so if a car is saved in the Garage with the radio set to 89.0 Generation X, it remains on that station after it is bought by Ultor. If the radio station is later changed, it is not possible to change it back.
- Shaundi, this one's for you, Plain White T's with Hate
- — DJ Veteran Child, before playing "Hate"
- General, if you're listening, I don't hate you, we're cool, okay?
- — Veteran Child, after playing "Hate"
- Thanks for the advice, Alice
- — Veteran Child, before playing "Lying Is The Most Fun", alluding to the film Closer
- You know who's a cog in this murder machine? Mr. Sunshine.
- — DJ Veteran Child, before playing "Teenagers"
- You listening Shaundi? Whore
- — Veteran Child, after playing "Lying Is The Most Fun"
- DJ Veteran Child: "This is Veteran Child, what you want to hear next on Gen X?"
Shaundi: "Misery Business, by Paramore"
- — Request before "Misery Business"
- Matt: "Hey Veteran Child, when are you going to start playing the Feed Dogs?"
DJ Veteran Child: "I don't know, when they stop sucking?"
- — Request before "Hate"
- Jet's what the Feed Dogs would sound like if they didn't suck
- — DJ Veteran Child, before playing "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is"
- You're never gonna hear the Feed Dogs on Gen X!
- — DJ Veteran Child, before playing "What You Need"
- Let Me In is the most frequent phrase screamed at Dane Vogel's office door
- — Ultor Announcer before playing Let Me In
- Now on Ultor FM, one of Dane Vogel's favourite bands, Minus The Bear, with Knights
- — Ultor Announcer before playing "Knights"
- Ultor Announcer: "Greetings, you've reached Ultor FM"
Dane Vogel: "I'm putting together a marketing package for Ultor's women's line, you got any ideas for a good commercial song?"
Ultor Announcer: "Certainly Mr. Vogel, perhaps "Face Down" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus?"
Dane Vogel: "Love it!"
- — Request before "Face Down"
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
This station returns in Saints Row: The Third, changing its style to a more indie sound this time.
Tatiana is the DJ for Generation X in Saints Row: The Third.
- The Black Keys - "Next Girl"
- Brooklyn - "Volcanology"
- The Dear Hunter - "In Cauda Venenum"
- Deftones - "Diamond Eyes"
- Delphic - "Clarion Call"
- The Dø - "Queen Dot Kong"[in-game name]
- Dragonette - "Stupid Grin"
- Feeder - "Renegades"
- Heavy Young Heathens - "Sha La La La La"
- Hockey - "Too Fake"
- Jr. - "Lost Desire"
- King Khan and the Shrines - "Torture"
- The Lines - "El Matador"
- Miike Snow - "Animal"
- The Rassle - "Born Free"
- Sleigh Bells - "Riot Rhythm"
- Valencia - "Stop Searching"
- White Denim - "Paint Yourself"
- Despite the station being renamed "Ultor FM" during Saints Row 2, the station is called Generation X again in Saints Row: The Third.
- This station plays inside Shaundi's Loft.
- Tatiana acts like a stereotypical "hipster", saying she writes on a typewriter, rides a vintage bicycle, drinks locally brewed beer, is a fan of classic poetry, and mentions living in Brooklyn.
- That was Stupid Grin, you know, like the look people get on their faces when they listen to pop music
- — Tatiana, after playing "Stupid Grin" by Dragonette
Saints Row IVEdit
This station returns in Saints Row IV, once again changing its style to a more electronic and noise rock sound.
- Awolnation - Burn it Down
- Beware of Darkness - Howl
- Black Bananas - Rad Times
- FIDLAR - No Waves
- In Flames - Deliver Us
- Lissy Trullie - It's Only You, Isn't It
- Neon Trees - Teenage Sounds
- Papa Roach - Still Swinging
- Terraplane Sun - Get Me Golden
- The Black Cadillacs - Choke
- The Bronx - Along For The Ride
- The Datsuns - System Overload
- The Features - How It Starts
- Walk the Moon - Tightrope
- We Were Promised Jetpacks - Circles and Squares
- The version of "Howl" that plays is a live session, instead of a studio recording.
- This is why they call me the Taste Maker.
- — One of Tommy's introductions for "Tightrope"
Saints Row: Gat out of HellEdit
Although there are no Radio Stations in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, the Gen X sound bank exists, and contains 11 tracks, mostly heavy metal.
- Christopher Michael Walters - Everything
- IKILLYA - And Hell Followed with Him
- IKILLYA - Escape Plan
- Modern Echo - Flatlined
- Noah Lifschey - Pushing Me Closer
- Steve Ouimette - Best Laid Plans
- VANDARTH - B is for Bombs
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ IGN: Saints Row the Third: Your Questions Answered
- ↑ Credits: Saints Row credits
- ↑ Note: Verified with multiple vehicles
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Note: Available in the Playlist Editor at the start of the game.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Note: One of 6 tracks played as end credit music.
- ↑ Examiner: Soundtrack for Saints Row: The Third Revealed
- ↑ Credits: Saints Row IV credits
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 9.7 9.8 Image:
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 Image: